A few days ago I ran for the first time in probably 2 years. Why? Because after having two children within 2 years my poor old body is looking pretty . . . ghastly. I don't want my kids to grow up & I'm still claiming "baby fat" as my excuse for my chunkiness. I want to instill healthy habits in them from an early age and I don't think it's fair to take the "do as I say, not as I do" approach to eating and exercising. My biggest problem is that I'm not a runner. Never have been. Even when I was in the best shape of my life in high school and we had to run 2 miles every day before practice, I loathed it. My body never got used to it. I never reached that point where I had a lightbulb moment and went, "Hey! This is actually fun!".
But I'm trying. I'm going to give it my best shot. Thursday night I ran around Steven's Lake Park (the small track which is only 0.8 miles) and I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I only had to stop and walk twice (and for no more than 30 seconds both times) but my lungs were on fire. My legs were jello. I had a stitch in my side that I thought was never going to go away. Did I already tell you that I only ran 0.8 miles? Hmmmm, methinks it may take awhile to get #2 crossed off the list. I'm also considering keeping a food journal which will force me to be accountable for the crap that I shove into my mouth. Then I can take a look at what I've eaten during a day and realize that I didn't eat any fruits or veggies that day and it will force me to get off my arse and run after work when all I really want to do is snuggle in my pjs with Greg and the kiddos.
I'll keep you posted with my progess. Hopefully I'll make some. Oh, and I'm thinking about posting pictures of myself each week-ish so I (and you!) can see the progress of my (hopefully) decreasing love handles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
If you need a running buddy just give me a call! I'll run with you!
Sha-Sha
Post a Comment