Exactly one year ago today, I went to the King's Daughter's Christmas Showcase at the Expo Center with my friend Caroline. I had my suspicions the week before that I might be pregnant, but November 14 was exactly 2 weeks after I was supposed to have ovulated. I had actually taken a test the week before but it was negative and I told Greg that I thought it was wrong but I would wait another week and test again. While Caroline and I were walking around, I kept making comments about how hot I was and I was even starting to get nauseated. Finally when we were almost done shopping, I realized that I was supposed to be testing that day! I told her what was going on, a little reluctantly because she and her husband had been having some fertility issues and had even had a miscarriage just a few months before that. I have always felt a little pang of guilt when my friends are having trouble getting pregnant and (so far) it has come so easily for us. We are truly blessed that we are able to get & stay pregnant and have beautiful healthy babies.
As soon as I got home that afternoon, I decided to go ahead and take the pregnancy test. I laid it on the sink, stood up to wash my hands, and looked down at a "Pregnant" on the indicator screen! Even though I had suspected that I was pregnant, nothing compares to that moment when you have confirmation that you are going to have a baby! I stood there in shock for a few minutes and then realized that I was going to have to come up with a cute way to tell Greg. So, I decided to leave it on the bathroom sink for him to find. About an hour later, he came home with a truck load of Christmas decorations from our storage unit because that was the day that we were going to put up our Christmas tree. In all honesty, I had nearly forgotten about the test because we got busy hanging lights & ornaments. We were working hard to get everything done before Brock got home (Granny Pat was watching him that day) because we wanted to see his face when we lit the lights.
About 5 minutes before Pat got to the house with Brock, I was folding up a load of laundry and Greg went into the bathroom. About 2 seconds later, I hear him yell, "Babe! Is this for real?!" I didn't realize what he was talking about until I walked out into the hallway to see him holding the pregnancy test with the biggest grin on his face. After we did the math and realized that we would have 2 children that are 23 months apart, we had a slight moment of panic that was immediately replaced with overwhelming joy. Just then, Pat walked in the door with Brock so we had to contain our excitement until after she left. Once we had Brock alone, we told him that he was going to be a big brother and he seemed pretty excited (even though he had no idea what we were saying!)
We have had such an amazing year getting to know our sweet little princess, watching her grow and begin to play with her sweet big brother. We are so glad that our babies chose us to be their parents and we cherish every single moment we get with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment