Sunday, July 19, 2009

Things that do not put me into labor

*Walking 15,000 miles in one week (not quite, but nearly that much)
*Going to L&D 3 times in a week and having my cervix checked over and over
*Having contractions off and on for 3 weeks (not Braxton Hicks)
*Having sex (sorry, Mom!)
*Taking Evening Primrose Oil
*Taking Black Cohosh
*Drinking a gallon of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
*Eating spicy food
*Eating Chinese food
*Drinking Castor oil
*Having Greg and Brock yell at Baby G to come out so they can play
*Accupressure twice
*Eating pineapple
*Riding 4-wheelers (in an attempt to "bounce" her out)
*Having my membranes stripped. Twice.
*A change in barometric pressure
*Full moons

If anybody has any other suggestions, feel free to clue me in because I feel like I've tried everything! And honestly, I wouldn't be so desperate except it's Sunday. Which means tomorrow Greg goes back to Kansas City and I will be riddled with worry about whether or not he will be here for his daughter's birth. Also, 3 weeks of contractions and still no baby? That is a cruel, cruel joke.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Well, all that sent me into labor was being induced with drugs at 42 weeks. Hang in there, she cannot stay in there forever.

4stemmes said...

I'm kinda feeling that drugs may be my only option at this point, too! Greg keeps telling me that maybe because she is being so difficult now, maybe she will be an easy baby. A girl can dream, right?

Nana said...

I keep telling you the only way her mother would cooperate and come into the HOT world was to ride the lawn mower for about 45 minutes. She had enough of the bouncing and bending and mommy sweating and decided to make her appearance. Sounds like she is so like her mother. So sorry Greg, this doesn't mean she will be an easy baby! She must have a ton of Dunn and Stemme genes. Both are strong willed and she is making you both dance to her tune already. AHHH a grandparents revenge!
With that being said, sweet baby girl, come out and play, we (the grandparents anyway) will have you so spoiled in no time :) Nana D will hold you and rock you and Papa Jimmy will let you do anything you want (Just ask your brother!).
Love,
Nana D and Papa

erin said...

I was at the craft store in the feather aisle when my water started to leak. (I made angel wings for Maddie's new born photos thus the need for feathers). I was actually trying everything I could to keep her in but she had other plans.