Monday, September 28, 2009

A new job

I haven't posted about this yet because I wasn't quite sure where it was going or what to expect, so let me catch everybody up first.
My best friend works at a pain clinic here and for the past several months has been badgering me to come and work with her.  For obvious reasons (being pregnant and then having the baby) I kept putting her off and just put the idea out of my head.  Also, I was pretty sure that we were moving to KC so I didn't want to start a new job and then have to leave.  Now that is up in the air again . . .  sheesh.  Well, last weekend she and I (and Adrianna--yay for girl's weekend!) went to the Lake where her parent's have a condo.  She was harassing me hard-core that weekend about coming to check things out.  Finally I gave in and told her that I could come by on Friday and see if it was something I would be interested in. 
Here are some of the pros/cons:

Pros:
*$5 more per hour
*prn position so I could work as much/little as I wanted and the schedule allows
*straight day shifts (no weekends, holidays, nights, or call shifts)
*most days I would be done by 5 or just after (but often it would be sooner)
*did I mention $5 more per hour
*it is a clinic job so I wouldn't be cleaning up old men or pulling 300+ lb patients around
*I would be working some days with my bff!

Cons:
*I still have a job and scheduling is going to be a pain in the butt
*because it's a prn position, I would not be eligible for insurance
*I would be working some days with my bff (sometimes we get into trouble . . . )

Anyway, I went on Friday and it was awesome!  I know that every place has it's problems and I'm sure that this place does too, but for more money and better hours, I may be willing to overlook some things.  When I was there the office manager gave me a list of dates that she needs help and put me on the schedule for the days that I am available.  She also gave me all of the paperwork that I will need for taxes, payroll, etc.  So, I go back on Wednesday for another day of orientation and hopefully I can get the computer system mastered so that I can be on my own soon!  Any extra thoughts and prayers are appreciated because in the morning I have to talk to my boss and tell her that I'm going to cut my hours to the lowest possible amount to keep my insurance.  I have a feeling that this will be fairly unpleasant :(

2 comments:

Nana said...

You know we are excited for you but kind of sad that we won't have the kiddos near as much. We missed Brock this morning, he is my snuggle bunny because right now Adrianna is Gpa's girl!! Tell them we love them and are willing to kidnap them when they have had enough of you all.
Love
D and Papa

Melinda said...

Sounds like an exciting opportunity for you!