For a couple of reasons:
1) Tonight is Adrianna's first overnight. I know that she will be in good hands at my parent's house, but tonight is the first night that I will have to set my alarm so that I can get up to pump and I will not be woken up by the sound of her sweet little cry. Hell, tonight will be the first time I have had to set an alarm since I had her over 5 weeks ago. Between the infant and the two-year old, there is little chance of me ever over-sleeping! You may be wondering why the kids are not going to be home tonight. Well, allow me to segway into my next point . . .
2) Greg is having (minor) surgery on his hand tomorrow. He has trigger finger (turns out this is an actual thing. An orthopaedic surgeon said it so it MUST be true!) which does not allow him to open or close his hand at his middle-finger joint properly. It is either fully open or fully closed unless he takes his other hand and physically opens/closes it. Several months back he had a steroid injection at the joint to see if that would help and it did not so the doctor recommended surgery. All they are going to do is numb his hand, make a tiny incision, and shave down the knot that is causing the joint to "catch". This will (hopefully) fix the problem. Our only problem from there will be keeping it clean and dry for the next 10 days. Greg seems to think that he will be back to work on Wednesday or so but the nurse that I talked to on the phone last week thinks that he should rest it because 1) it will get dirty doing what he does & 2) the more he uses it at first, the more sore it will be. Of course Greg thinks that it will be fine and SWEARS that the doctor gave him some gloves to wear over it the last time he was there. As of today, he cannot find those gloves and of course, I couldn't go with him to that appointment so I have never seen them to begin with.
So we needs lots of prayers/thoughts. Here are my specific requests (but I guess beggars can't be choosers, right?!):
-that Greg's surgery go as planned and is uncomplicated
-that Greg has good pain control afterward
-keep my patience & sanity in tact because I will have a newborn, a two-year old, and a 28-year old "baby" that will need lots of help with everyday things. I mean, I love him and I know I took a vow to do so for better or for worse, but I think there is a clause somewhere in those vows that exempts me from having to do things like help him to the bathroom. Right?
-this is kind of a side-note but Brock will also be starting at a new daycare on Tuesday so if anybody has any extra prayers, you might throw one out there that he have a smooth transition into a new environment!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well as of right now, your two angels are sound asleep, I don't expect one of them to stay that way. Grandpa put Adrianna to sleep and I went back and snuggled with Brock for a few minutes, then he asked for his cup and wanted me to leave the light on and the door open and I haven't heard a peep from him. Of course, we will pray for Greg, especially afterwards for pain management and patience! We know that is his strong point (yeah, whatever).
Get some good sleep and if you sleep through the alarm tonight, I am sure it will be ok. You will wake up at some point and then you can pump!
Love,
Papa and D
Post a Comment