- Monday afternoon I took Adrianna to the pediatrician because she was running a fever & pulling at her ear. We were sent off with a diagnosis of ear infection and the promise of an antiobiotic and steroid (she is still wheezing). Also, the pediatrician thinks that she may have asthma. I knew that RSV was a strong predetermining factor for childhood asthma but if we can do anything to avoid a chronic diagnosis, it would be awesome.
- For the record, I know that last statement makes me sound incredibly whiney and boo-hoo, my child may have asthma when there are so many other things out there that children can get (or be born with) but I would love to avoid future headaches for my kids (i.e. being flagged by insurance companies for a "pre-existing condition" & having to pay astronomical premiums, etc.)
- Monday evening around 7pm we realized through a series of phone calls and trips to the pharmacy, that the doctor's office had not called in the prescriptions for Adrianna's medication so we ended up in the ER around 1am. The doctor and nurse in the ER were very sweet to our little princess and gave her a popcicle after her shot which she promptly nommed on until her sleeper looked like she has murdered a small animal (red popcicle = messy baby)
- We took Adrianna to the pediatrician AGAIN last night after the babysitter called to tell me that Sissy had a temp of 103 (under her arm), wouldn't eat, tugging at her left ear (the ear that didn't have an infection on Monday), etc. The pediatrician thinks that she just has a resistant strain of bacteria that is causing the persistent ear infection. Unfortunately, she was already on the strongest oral antibiotic that is safe for babies her age so we opted for Rocephin shots. 2 yesterday, 2 today, & 2 tomorrow. Poor baby girl was NOT happy. But, she is feeling much better this morning so hopefully ::crosses fingers:: we are on the mend.
- Greg went to a multiple-family garage sale this morning and found lots of awesome deals! He got a kiddie pool for the minis, tons of clothes for the kids (which is good because we just packed away more than 1/2 of the clothes in Brock's closet & dressers that were too small), and a few other things that were a *surprise* for me (I'm not really sure what that means, but I guess we will find out tonight!)
- I got stung by a wasp this morning while getting the kids clothes out of the laundry basket. In the house. Thank goodness for nice weather but boo to bugs :(
- Brock is reading!!!!!!!!!! My sweet little boy genius is reading Dick and Jane books already and my heart is swelling with pride. Have I mentioned lately how much I <3 our babysitter? She is seriously the best. I am really hoping that she doesn't decide to retire anytime soon.
- Tomorrow I am going to get my hair done! Hooray! It has been forever since I have had anything done besides a long-overdue trim and tomorrow will be something that I haven't had done in years! Stay tuned for pictures.
- Tomorrow night, Greg and I are going to a classical music concert that a co-worker of mine plays in. Then we are going to have a late dinner after the show. Hooray for date night!
Friday, April 9, 2010
General updates
Things have been so insanely busy the last week, I know I have neglected the blog. In fact, I'm pretty surprised that I haven't gotten any hate mail from my dad but perhaps the picture post yesterday held him over for a wee bit longer. In case you've been wondering, this is what we have been up to (in no particular order):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Your dad said to quit making him sound like a jackass. Not really but I thought it would be funny to tell you that.
He did say, he knew you had been insanely busy this week and hadn't even said anything about you updating the blog. We have been with you all week in Sissy's experiences.
Love,
Nana and Papa
Post a Comment